The Private Equity Playbook
“Adam Coffey has written the bestselling book The Private Equity Playbook and in this interview he shares tips on how to negotiate with a private equity group, how to optimize your pricing and how to become irresistible to a private equity group,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business.
Adam Coffey spent 21 years as a CEO of three national service companies backed by nine private equity sponsors. During that time, he completed 58 acquisitions and generated more than one billion dollars of value at exit.
Adam’s book, The Private Equity Playbook, is a bestseller, and on this episode of Built to Sell Radio’s “Inside the Mind of an Acquirer” series, Adam teaches a masterclass on how private equity works. You’ll learn how to:
- Become irresistible to a private equity group.
- Avoid becoming a bottleneck inside your company.
- Optimize your pricing.
- Negotiate with a private equity group.
- Grow your business organically.
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of your acquirer.
- Perform reverse diligence.
- Calculate your debt coverage ratio.