The Man Behind the $1.3B Sale of Wind Mobile
Anthony Lacavera has started 12 businesses, six of which he has exited. His exits have ranged in value from the $6 million he got for one of his recent start-ups to the $1.3 billion that Wind Mobile sold for.
Lacavera has won just about every business award there is, including: 2010 CEO of the Year, Top 40 Under 40, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Canada’s Fastest Growing Company. This interview covers lessons from all of his exits.
- When to bring in a CEO to replace yourself
- Why paying back your investors too soon can be a mistake
- How to raise capital (Lacavera raised $700 million to start Wind Mobile)
- The downside of accepting Venture Capital (VC)
- The secret to forming a relationship with a VC
- The biggest mistake most entrepreneurs make when raising a VC round
- When to sign a non-compete
- The reason most owners get sucked into an earn-out (and how to avoid one)
- The single most important section of a share purchase agreement to scrutinize carefully
- The dirty tricks professional money people use to tilt the deal in their favor (and how you can fight back)