Riding the Wave of an Industry Rollup
“Miles Faulkner started Blended Perspectives with partner Martin Cleaver in 2017 and eventually sold their software solutions business in 2022 after reaching $30M in revenue,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “In this episode Faulkner shares tips such as enhancing the appeal of your company and differentiating your company from the competition.”
In 2017 Miles Faulkner partnered with Martin Cleaver to establish Blended Perspectives, a reseller specializing in Atlassian products, which offers software solutions for large teams.
To distinguish themselves from other resellers, Faulkner devised an innovative product that set them apart from other Atlassian resellers.
By 2022 Blended Perspectives had achieved approximately $30 million in revenue. Recognizing an impending industry consolidation, Faulkner made the strategic decision to sell to Contegix, a competing Atlassian distributor, for a multiple far better than what a typical reseller usually fetches. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Enhance the appeal of your company for potential acquirers.
- Determine the optimal time to sell your business.
- Differentiate your business from your competitors.
- Leverage a forecasting technique to boost the value of your company.
- Avoid a common error in legal contracts that can kill an acquisition offer.
- Effectively communicate the sale of your company to your employees, drawing inspiration from Brad Pitt’s character in Moneyball.