Private Equity vs. Holding Company
“Kevin McArdle has acquired 45 businesses and shares his expertise in this podcast highlighting how to prepare your business for a sale,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “He provides tips on ways to negotiate a better price in a business sale and what to watch out for when dealing with a private equity buyer.”
In his role as an acquirer, Kevin McArdle has purchased 45 businesses including three from former Built to Sell Radio guests. In the latest installment of Built to Sell Radio’s Inside the Mind of an Acquirer series, you’ll learn how to:
- Distinguish between a holding company and a private equity group (PEG).
- Prepare your business for a seamless acquisition.
- Prevent deterring potential acquirers.
- Ask questions to create momentum in your conversions with potential acquirers.
- Outsmart crafty techniques employed by PEGs seeking to get your business for a discount.
- Demystify the valuation metrics commonly utilized by PEGs.