Staffing-industry veteran Will Gilbert co-founded Socium – a U.K.-based company supplying workers to companies that needed them – in early 2019. Within six months, Socium was generating more than 7 million British Pounds (GBP) in revenue.
A coffee meeting with a former colleague in the staffing business led to an acquisition discussion and soon after, Socium was acquired – months before celebrating its first birthday.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How to use your receivables to finance hyper-growth
- The different valuation multiples of transactional vs. annuity-based revenue
- The surprising reason that some strategic acquirers may not be a fit
- How deciding when to sell (Hint: it may be sooner than you think)
- How asking for advice can lead to an offer