How To Sell A 12 Employee Company For 8-Figures
“James Ashford created a software called GoProposal that he sold to accountants from the ashes of a failed business. This is a great story of perseverance and never giving up,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “James also shares how he leveraged social media without making his company dependent on him.”
James Ashford had a burning drive to become an entrepreneur and start a successful business. After a failed attempt to grow a marketing agency, Ashford knew that to build the business he had always dreamed of, he needed to make some drastic changes.
In 2016, Ashford took what little was left after his business failed and invested £ 4,000 in developing proposal software for accountants which he named GoProposal. By 2020, GoProposal was a slick application with £1.5 million in revenue and hundreds of accountants using it. That’s when Ashford agreed to be acquired for a healthy 8-figure sum.
In this episode, you will discover how to:
- Build a successful business without destroying your marriage.
- Shorten your sales cycle.
- Stimulate creativity for your employees through systems. Grab a free copy of the eBook: The Definitive Guide to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage social media without making your company dependent on you.
- Amplify your leverage in a negotiation to sell your company.