How to Get Your Employees to Care as Much as You
“Natalie Nagele and her husband started an IT business called Postmark in 2009 and sold in 2022. She shares how they built a company with passionate employees who cared about the business as much as they did,” shares Sam Thompson, a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “This is an interesting podcast that dives into the subject of timing your sale.”
In 2009 Natalie Nagele and her husband, Chris, launched Postmark to help businesses quickly deliver emails to their customers.
A decade in, Nagele had grown the company to around 40 employees, which was when she began feeling burned out. The pull to explore new interests was the catalyst for accepting a life-changing acquisition offer from Active Campaign in 2022. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop passionate employees that care about your company.
- Create raving fans that refer their friends.
- Decide when it’s time to sell.
- Distinguish between serious burnout and normal fatigue.
- Create a list of demands for an acquirer when selling your business.
- Think in decades when making big decisions.
- Establish a positive relationship with your acquirer.