How This Service Business Got Almost 20 X EBITDA
“Jonathan Shroyer founded Officium Labs and was able to sell his business just shy of 20X EBITDA. A remarkable multiple,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “In this episode Jonathan shares how he structured the earn out, ensured his employee transition was successful and tips on increasing the lifetime value of a customer.”
In 2019, Jonathan Shroyer, alongside his Co-Founder Scott McCabe, started Officium Labs with the goal to help clients turn contact centers into profit centers.
After two years of seeing incredible growth, Jonathan was approached by three investors to acquire Officium Labs. Shroyer ultimately ended up selling to Arise for around 20X EBITDA. Listen to the episode and you’ll learn how to:
- Increase the lifetime value of a customer.
- Choose the ideal time to sell your company.
- Maintain happy and healthy relationships with your suppliers.
- Structure an earn-out to minimize your risk.
- Ensure your employees don’t rebel against your acquirer.
- Avoid getting bullied by an acquirer by asking the right questions.
- Maximize your shot at hitting your earn-out.
- Prepare yourself emotionally to be acquired.