How This 15-Employee Company Got Acquired for $15 Million
“Aaron Leibtag co-founded a digital health company called Pentavere Research Group and with only 15 employees was able to sell to a giant in the industry for $15 million,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “You’ll hear how to avoid an earn out plus getting the acquirer to value your business on future earnings.”
Aaron Leibtag cofounded Pentavere Research Group, a digital health company that identifies patients not receiving the medications or interventions they should be receiving because critical data is buried in a patient’s electronic health record.
Despite having just 15 employees, they attracted an acquisition offer that valued Pentavere at $15 million. In this episode, you’ll discover how to:
- Find a strategic acquirer.
- Get an acquirer to focus on future potential rather than historical EBITDA.
- Avoid re-trading by leveraging radical candor.
- Avoid having your proceeds locked in a risky earn-out.
- Evaluate the difference between debt and equity in a term sheet.