How One Key Hire Helped Dimple 10 X Their Value in 2.5 Years
Damien James started Dimple in 1997 to help people living in aged-care facilities by visiting them and offering podiatry (foot care) services.
He built the company to $200k EBITDA when he realized his company might need a different kind of executive in order to keep growing.
James hired a new CEO, and together they grew the company to $11M in revenue and $2.4M EBITDA in just over two years. That’s when Zenitas Healthcare acquired Dimple for $13.4M.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The signs that someone on your management team may be a “bad apple”
- Clues to spotting a rain-maker during the hiring process
- How strategic acquirers position themselves for purchase
- Options for structuring an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- A clever tactic to avoid an earn out
- Pitfalls to avoid after the sale