Getting Out Quick And Clean
Spread Effect is a San Diego-based online content creator, founded in 2010 by Nathaniel Broughton and his partners. The company writes articles on behalf of marketing agencies and distributes them to specialty websites.
By 2014, Spread Effect employed 30 staff and had $4 million dollars in revenue. Despite his rapid growth, Broughton was ready to move on to something even bigger and sold Spread Effect for less than it was probably worth.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How much money you leave on the table when you prioritize a quick exit over a strategic one
- How to approach a potential acquirer (without sounding desperate)
- What a CIM is and how to write your own
- The surprising impact geography had on Broughton’s deal
- How to sell a business without any hard assets