From Technological Obsolescence to a Multi-Million Dollar Exit
George Bandarian II took over AMI, his family’s microfilm business in 2000. Recognizing a need for change in an evolving marketplace, Bandarian restructured AMI’s services to become a digital transformation agency, helping corporations preserve paper records online and automate manual paper-based processes.
In 2017, with about $2 million in revenue, the timing was right for a sale. The M&A market was heating up, Bandarian had a new baby at home, and he felt a growing desire to find his passion and redirect his professional focus. But timing isn’t everything, and value doesn’t grow overnight. Find out how Bandarian transformed a nearly obsolete microfilming business into a company that was undeniably rebuilt to sell.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to ‘de-Georgify’ your business as you get ready for sell
- Why a management team doesn’t have to come with a big price tag
- How delighted clients can turn you into a world-class business
- Deal heat and why it’s important when approaching potential buyers
- The important role push and pull factors play in a happy exit