Finding Purpose Post-Sale: How Rob Walling Navigated Life After Cashing Out
“Rob Walling sold his email marketing software company at age 41 and shares how he maintained a healthy path post sale,” shares Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “He talks about how to spot the early signs of burnout, managing an earn out and calculating your minimum number.”
At the age of 41, Rob Walling sold Drip, an email marketing software, for enough money that he “would never have to work again.”
His only problem? Figuring out what to do next.
In this special edition of Built to Sell Radio, we explore how to redefine your purpose and find happiness and fulfillment after you exit your business. You’ll discover how to:
- Decide when to sell your business.
- Calculate your minimum number.
- Manage your mental health during an earn-out.
- Leverage “The 6th Month Rule.”
- Spot the early warning signs of entrepreneurial burnout.
- Talk to your kids about being rich.