Finding An Investor Vs. An Acquirer
Moritz Plassnig and his two co-founders saw a gap in the software engineering marketplace: there were no tools that allowed software developers to immediately see how the changes they made in the code impacted other parts of the program. So, they formed Cloudship to automate testing and designed it to be utilized by any business that leverages software.
After moving the company to the United States from their native Austria, Plassnig and his co-founders were accepted into the Techstars Accelerator program and soon raised almost $10 million across two investment rounds on their way to an outright acquisition by CloudBees.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why selling your business is just like selling your product
- The surprising difference between finding an investor vs. finding a buyer
- The hidden tricks to watch out for when raising money
- How to avoid too much dilution
- How to vet potential buyers