A $471 Million Exit From The Online Travel Industry
From a standing start, Dinesh Dhamija grew European online travel agency eBookers to more than one billion in sales in just five years.
After two successful financing rounds, Dhamija still owned 40% of eBookers stock which represented virtually his entire net worth. Dhamija decided it was time to sell. He quickly got six acquirers interested, and sold eBookers to Cendant (owners of brands like Orbitz and Avis among others) for $471 million.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Where to find the most natural strategic acquirers for your business
- One guaranteed technique for knowing whether an acquirer is serious about buying your business or just kicking tires
- How to accelerate the pace of your deal to sell your company
- About a “Greenshoe” option and how it can impact you as a founder
- The biggest mistake Dhamija made after selling his company which cost him “a few million dollars”