3 Things to Consider Before Shopping Your Business
“Leona Watson had a successful cooking lessons team building company when she decided to sell,” states Sam Thompson a Minneapolis business broker and the president of M&A firm Transitions In Business. “This podcast shares with you valuable tips on what you need to know when selling your company from how to handle a low ball offer to a way to calculate your price that covers what you need.”
Leona Watson started Cheeky Food Events, where they offered companies cooking lessons as a team-building activity.
Over 17 years, Watson produced 3,000 events for more than 85,000 people. Watson hit $3 million in sales when she realized it was time for her to start thinking differently about her business.
Several years later, Watson decided to sell, and in this episode, you’ll discover:
- A quirky hack for getting your team to act more independently.
- How you may be unconsciously sabotaging your business.
- How to respond to a low-ball offer.
- One way to ensure you get the deal terms that are important to you in a sale.
- An unusual way to sell the idea of Standard Operating Procedures to your most creative employees.
- A surprising way to calculate your walk-away number.
- 3 things you need to consider before putting your business up for sale.